‘Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do… Explore. Dream. Discover.”
– Mark Twain
Before setting out on a new journey it’s always a good idea to see where you’ve been.
Planned enhancements to AutoTRAX for the next 12 months
- Part Creators
Similar to the current add/edit resistor dialog/command the following device types will be supported:
- MELF resistors
- Parametric Models
Parametric device models that automatically create footprints, 3D parts and the associated schematic symbols will be added for the following device types:
- Disc Capacitor
- SIP resistors
- Parts Library
- More parts and expanded community parts.
- Web based parts librarian.
- HELP System
- More videos.
- Designing with AutoTRAX book.
- 2D Graphics
Faster graphics -DONE!
- Active3D Integration – ALL DONE!
The 3D viewer/modeler will be improved to:
- Import from Active3D into AutoTRAX.
- More model creation techniques including surface of revolution, extrusions and machine tool operations like drills.
- A 32 bit version will be added.
- Reflective surfaces.
- Real-time shadows.
- 3D Import
- STEP import.
- 3D Visualization Inside AutoTRAX
- Background customization – add your own images and set background colors.
- Custom lighting.
- PCB Routing
- Improved internal router. Shaped based at no additional cost.
- Follow me routing with manual routing linked to the internal router; a bit like the schematic wire router.
Kill all those bugs and usability issues and make AutoTRAX rock solid:
- Improved Mantis Bug Tracking.
- Feature Tracking.
- Usability Tracking.
‘It’s a long road, but with all roads, there is an end.’
Click here if you have any ideas for things to add to the roadmap.