Video Producer + Editor
Active 3D is a multidisciplinary team of Interactive Developers, Digital Artists, Experience Designers, and Exhibit Builders helping clients make amazing connections through digital, virtual, hybrid, and physical experiences. For over a decade, we have helped engage audiences with experiential stories, screens, and spaces – delivered rock-solid, worldwide!
Our visual effects, film, and animation studio is equipped for 3D/VR/AR/XR, green screen, live event, in studio, or virtual production – ready to tell compelling brand stories for every screen, concept, and audience.
We are a professional team, working hard, taking pride in the projects we build, and having fun along the way. This is a fast-paced, but relaxed environment, and we are looking to add a Video Producer & Editor to create compelling stories and visuals that help support our next-gen applications, exhibits, and digital experiences. If you believe in the following, we would like to hear from you!
- Everyone taking ownership and working passionately makes the day more fun, and it’s easier for the team to create innovative, cutting-edge projects.
- Approvals go smoother when the project is kept on track and everyone is confident in the process and direction. It’s better to understand what we are building, be an empathetic creative, and stay focused during production instead of reacting to edits and project fixes later. It’s easier to do it right the first time than to do it twice!
- A good team understands that they impact each other’s well-being and pursuits. The quality of our individual work also affects the rest of the team.
- Not having to backtrack on a project gives us more time to spend on the fun, experimental projects and continued education!
- Winning awards while making an audience smile is fun and incredibly satisfying!
The Video Producer & Editor will be responsible for creating high quality video content for use online, on broadcast television, digital signage, video walls, and other unique digital installations.
This person will work independently and as part of a team to complete the necessary pre-production, production, and post-production steps to deliver creative, compelling video content in accordance with project specifications and deadlines. This position requires the artistic and technical ability to produce a project from concept to completion.
To be eligible for consideration for this position you must be able to provide the following for us to review:
- An online portfolio of work that clearly demonstrates your work and range of skills, or a collection of links to hosted media. Please do not attach/embed portfolio examples in your email submissions (cover letters or resumes only).
- If your work is part of a larger team’s contributions, please point out what portion you were responsible for. Be honest. We are.
- 3-5 years of videography and video editing experience
- Proficiency in the principles of cameras, lenses, lighting, audio, and related film equipment used in the acquisition of quality visuals and sound
- Proficient in the principles of camera composition, blocking, staging, and stabilization
- Attention to detail, and a keen eye for what makes aesthetically pleasing, well-paced primary content and b-roll footage
- Proficiency in the principles of post-production, editing tools, color correction/grading, pacing, motion graphics, and other video/audio mastering/finalization techniques
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to create supporting material such as titles, graphics, animations or other video elements
- Ability to source and edit appropriate stock assets, music, or sound effects that enhance the production
- Understanding of acquisition vs. delivery bitrates, frame rates, codecs, and file delivery platforms
- Ability to quickly perform camera/audio/rigging load in/out, setup/teardown, and calibrations in a professional manner respectful of the location and equipment
- Work individually or with the team to plan shoots, create call sheets, hire models, scout locations, direct, shoot, and edit videos
- Ability to proofread and quality check work
Desired Skills or Willingness to Learn:
- Storyboarding concepts and presenting mood boards
- Willingness to learn new software platforms
- Desire to learn about the industry, customers, competitors, and products.
- Experience or interest in animation
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D or other 3D animation software
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects and motion graphics
- Visual effects compositing
- Audio capture/mixing experience
- Ability to judge true colors & audio quality
- Ability to routinely lift, load, and unload production gear up to 20-50lbs, and occasionally lift, load, and unload production gear up to 100lbs
- Ability to occasionally perform work on ladders for shot acquisition, set design and equipment rigging
- Ability to work on projects that require long-term concentration, memory recall, complex decision making, analytical thinking, and conceptual thinking
- Solution-oriented visual storytelling ability, solid editorial judgement, and a high degree of creativity in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Collaborative personality that embraces new ideas and welcomes critical, constructive team feedback
- The ability to professionally problem solve, direct on-camera talent, and respond to client/project production needs
- Strong time management, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to have fun while maintaining the quality of the creative and production pipeline
- Willingness to learn from and teach others
- Willingness to be a continuous learner, identify emerging technologies/trends, and understand when/how to incorporate, or lead the implementation of, new technologies and pipeline improvements
- Willingness to participate in team or individual R&D sessions as projects require
- Team-oriented and ready to take on responsibility and lend a hand when needed
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities
- Strict adherence to footage data handling, backup, and file storage protocols
- Strict adherence to equipment handling, inventory, and security protocols
- Ongoing care and maintenance of production gear/inventory in studio and on location
- Responsible for organization, ongoing care, cleanliness and basic maintenance of film area, cameras, production gear, props, and studio area
- Ability to travel to production locations as needed (infrequent)
- Experience working on a team in a deadline driven environment
- Other related tasks assigned to help the team, production, or production facility
- Must have reliable transportation
- Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:30a-5:30p
- Although infrequent, changes to the work schedule will happen due to production requirements or event timing
- Competitive salary
- Performance based bonus
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Opportunity and exposure to interesting new technologies
- This is not a remote work position. On-site or on production location required.
- Seeking local candidates, not considering relocations at this time
Apply by sending your resume and portfolio links to email@example.com