Active3D is a multidisciplinary interactive exhibit and experience design studio helping clients connect with audiences in physical, digital, and hybrid platforms. We deliver amazing experiential stories, screens, and spaces – rock-solid, worldwide!
This is a fast-paced, but relaxed environment. We are a professional team taking pride in our projects and having fun along the way. Our team is seeking a collaborative Multimedia Designer to create compelling visuals and stories that excite, explain, and entertain. If you have the following skill set, or a solid design foundation with a willingness to learn, we would like to hear from you!
The Multimedia Designer will utilize their artistic and technical skills as part of a team, and independently, to create high quality, compelling graphic and video content. Candidates will help guide projects through the necessary brainstorming, storyboarding, pre-production, production, and post-production steps to help deliver projects in accordance with project specifications and deadlines.
Candidates will be provided on the job training time on a regular basis. Learning new tools and techniques is a regular requirement of the position, and willingness to train and continue to innovate within the industry is a must.
To be eligible for consideration for this position you must be able to provide the following for us to review:
An online portfolio of work that clearly demonstrates your work and range of skills, or a collection of links to hosted media. Please do not attach/embed portfolio examples in your email submissions.
If your work is part of a larger team’s contributions, please point out what portion you were responsible for. Be honest. We are.
- Graphic design skills and an appreciation for typography with a solid portfolio
- Ability to spot trends and collaborate well with the team
- Attention to detail, and a keen eye for what makes aesthetically pleasing, well-paced multimedia
- Experience with UI/UX design or willingness to learn
- Experience to quickly sketch and communicate visual concepts
- Ability to produce wireframes and storyboards to communicate concepts
- Ability to accurately color match and create color schemes
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to proofread and quality check work
- Experience incorporating feedback and constructive criticism from clients or team members
- Time management and organizational ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Help with beta testing of games and apps
- Help maintain appearance and organization of studio area and gear
- Available to occasionally travel (infrequent) and help team with event installations or video coverage as needed
Desired Skills or Willingness to Learn:
- Storyboarding, mood boards, and collaboration tools
- Video production and video editing
- UI/UX design
- Cinema 4D or other 3D animation software
- After Effects and motion graphics
- Visual effects compositing
- Audio capture/mixing experience
- Experience with popular social media platforms and delivering to web content management systems
- Large-format graphic design and production experience
- Game Development
- Ability to judge true colors & audio quality
- Ability to routinely lift, load, and unload production gear up to 20-50lbs, and occasionally lift, load, and unload production gear up to 100lbs with additional members of the team
- Ability to occasionally perform work on ladders for shot acquisition, set design and equipment rigging
- Ability to work on projects that require long-term concentration, memory recall, complex decision making, analytical thinking, and conceptual thinking
- Due to various event, show, and venue requirements, it is preferred that candidates are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:30a-5:30p
- This is not a remote work position. On-site or on production location required.
- Seeking local candidates, not considering relocations at this time
- Although infrequent, changes to the work schedule will happen due to production requirements or exhibit/event schedules
- Competitive salary
- Performance based bonus
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Opportunity and exposure to interesting new technologies
Apply by sending your resume and portfolio links to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit https://active3d.com/careers