Full Stack PHP Developer
Active 3D is a multidisciplinary team of Interactive Developers, Digital Artists, Experience Designers, and Exhibit Builders helping clients make amazing connections through digital, virtual, hybrid, and physical experiences. For over a decade, we have helped engage audiences with experiential stories, screens, and spaces – delivered rock-solid, worldwide!
From touch screens, microsites, and product configurators, to full web ecosystems, our interactive team creates breakthrough experiences that drive 3D visualization, commerce, gamification, and experiential product activation.
We are a professional team, working hard, taking pride in the projects we build, and having fun along the way. This is a fast-paced, but relaxed environment, and we are looking to add a Full Stack PHP Developer to help launch our next-gen applications, exhibits, and digital experiences. If you believe in the following, we would like to hear from you!
- Everyone taking ownership and working passionately makes the day more fun, and it’s easier for the team to create innovative, cutting-edge projects.
- Approvals go smoother when the project is kept on track and everyone is confident in the process and direction. It’s better to understand what we are building, be an empathetic creative, and stay focused during production instead of reacting to edits and project fixes later. It’s easier to do it right the first time than to do it twice!
- A good team understands that they impact each other’s well-being and pursuits. The quality of our individual work also affects the rest of the team.
- Not having to backtrack on a project gives us more time to spend on the fun, experimental projects and continued education!
- Winning awards while making an audience smile is fun and incredibly satisfying!
The Full Stack PHP Developer will be responsible for working with our existing UI/UX, animators, and development team to help create next-gen web platforms, metrics dashboards, and database tools for 3D commerce and game-like digital experiences.
This person will work independently and as part of a team to maintain and enhance our existing web applications while researching, architecting, and launching new digital tools and pipelines in accordance with project specifications and deadlines.
To be eligible for consideration for this position you must be able to provide the following for us to review:
- An online portfolio of work that clearly demonstrates your work and range of skills, or a collection of links to hosted examples. Please do not attach/embed portfolio examples in your email submissions (cover letters or resumes only).
- If your work is part of a larger team’s contributions, please point out what portion you were responsible for. Be honest. We are.
- 3-5 years of full stack development experience
- Writing well-formatted code while working within the standards of our team developed roadmap and methodologies
- Strong experience with PHP including Object-Oriented PHP
- Strong experience with MySQL including writing, and debugging, queries in MySQL
- Experience with cross browser/device testing and debugging
- Experience building responsive HTML/CSS design
- Experience with MVC frameworks, ideally Laravel
- Experience with the standard LAMP stack.
- Practical understanding of content management systems
- Experience with source control systems such as GIT
- Experience with SSH and Shell
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Experience with ongoing, scaling development of projects that may be actively in use
- Ability to proofread and quality check work
Desired Skills or Willingness to Learn:
- Knowledge of OOP languages like C, C#, C+, JAVA
- Experience with game engines, related code, and development methodologies
- Comprehensive understanding of UI/UX design concepts
- Experience with project management correspondence and scope management
- Experience with other server-side languages
- Experience integrating into WordPress
- Knowledge and experience with popular hosting service such as AWS
- Experience utilizing and integrating content from CDN services
- Experience working with emerging web technologies such as WebGL
- Ability to judge true colors & audio quality
- Ability to work on projects that require long-term concentration, memory recall, complex decision making, analytical thinking, and conceptual thinking
- Solid editorial judgement and problem solving in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Collaborative personality that embraces new ideas and welcomes critical, constructive team feedback
- The ability to professionally respond to client/project production needs
- Strong time management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to have fun while maintaining the quality of the project and production pipeline
- Willingness to learn from and teach others
- Willingness to be a continuous learner, identify emerging technologies/trends, and understand when/how to incorporate, or lead the implementation of, new technologies and pipeline improvements
- Willingness to participate in team or individual R&D sessions as projects require
- Ability and willingness to dive into code written by others to figure things out
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ready to take on responsibility and lend a hand when needed
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities
- Strict adherence to data handling, backup, and file storage protocols
- Participate in standard systems upkeep, backups, and related tasks
- Strict adherence to equipment handling, inventory, and security protocols
- Responsible for organization, ongoing care, cleanliness and basic maintenance of work and studio area
- Ability to travel for event based technical support (infrequent)
- Experience working on a team in a deadline driven environment
- Other related tasks assigned to help the team, production, or production facility
- Must have reliable transportation
- Typical work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:30a-5:30p
- Although infrequent, changes to the work schedule will happen due to production requirements or event timing
- Competitive salary
- Performance based bonus
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Opportunity and exposure to interesting new technologies
- This is not a remote work position. On-site or on production location required.
- Seeking local candidates, not considering relocations at this time