Roadmap for the 2019
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do... Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
Before setting out on a new journey it's always a good idea to see where you've been.
Click here to view the changes that were made to AutoTRAX in past
Planned enhancements to AutoTRAX for the next 2019
This will greatly help you create your design.
- Improved follow me router for adding wires
- Better rewiring when moving symbols.
- Better rewiring when moving wires.
Replace the need for the expensive Electra autorouter.
- Used in the schematic router
- Follow me router (This is not available in Electra)
- Interactive (This is not available in Electra)
- Very fast compared to Electra
- Not locked to a machine
- Free with no limits
Ability to split up a design into multiple sheet. Select parts in a schematic and move to...
- Sub-system with ports
- Sibling sheet on same level
- Child sheet
Gates and Pin Swap
Group pads into gates and swapable pads.
Similar to the current add/edit resistor dialog/command the following device types will be supported:
- MELF resistors
Parametric device models that automatically create footprints, 3D parts and the associated schematic symbols will be added for the following device types:
- SIP resistors
- Coil Inductors - Panasonic
- More parts and expanded community parts.
- Web based parts librarian.
This is a very significant part of AutoTRAX.
- Easier to use Parts
- More powerful Probe (Simulation view)
- More instruments
- Device charactertization plots
- More videos.
- Part Creaion book.
- Designing with AutoTRAX book.
- Powerpoint style presentation.
The 3D viewer/modeler will be improved to:
- Import from Active3D into AutoTRAX.
- More model creation techniques including surface of revolution, extrusions and machine tool operations like drills.
- STEP import.
- Improved internal router. Shaped based at no additional cost.
- Follow me routing with manual routing linked to the internal router; a bit like the schematic wire router.
- Turn on/off individual unrouted nets using route panel.
- Via stack.
PCB Layer Build-up
- PCB Layer designer properties panel
- Electrical properties
- Physical properties
Kill all those bugs and usability issues and make AutoTRAX rock solid:
- Improved Mantis Bug Tracking.
- Feature Tracking.
- Usability Tracking.